xogsmommy

Thoughts and musings of a mom of three.

Monday, August 13, 2007

That Tricky Air

My sister called yesterday. She is an amazing person, one of the smartest people I know. I seemed to get all of the clumsiness in the family, she got the looks and the brains. However, I was reminded that, while I fall all of the time and she rarely does, she tends to get hurt in spectacular ways.

She got chicken pox first. I can barely stand on skis, she falls once and gets knocked out, complete with a ride down the mountain in an ambulance. I've only had stitches once, not counting the epesiotomy stitches, she's been sewed up twice. I've broken my arm and most of my fingers and toes, and as far as I know, she's never broken a bone, so she's one up on that.

On Sunday, she was leaving a friend's house and turned around while walking down the sidewalk to wave bye. There was a lumpy, bumpy pile of AIR in her way, and being turned around, she didn't see it. She tripped and fell, royally banging up her right knee and severely spraining her left ankle. My poor sister.

I'm sending her good healing vibes. She was supposed to start a new job today, but she can't drive. Her car is a stick shift.

Feel better soon, Sissy!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey now, that's not fair. You didn't see the air...it was huge! There was no way I could have missed it.

1:37 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Heather said...

as huge as it was you still tripped over it? mensa called. they want their membership back.

1:43 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Robyn said...

Oh dear, your poor sister, although I'm cracking up at your comments!! :)

4:34 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Heather said...

yes, my poor sister. i love her very much, but sometimes she's got a target on her back. not that i never have a target. ;)

4:50 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well they can't have my membership back...I'm using it to prop up my ankle.

11:10 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home