xogsmommy

Thoughts and musings of a mom of three.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

I Hear the Secrets That You Keep, When You're Talking In Your Sleep

Any given morning, I will wake up to one or more children sleeping in my bed. Usually with their pointy toes lodged in my back. Sometimes even a foot jammed against my chin. As much as I like having my space, I think that as long as they are sleeping, I'm not going to be picky as to where.

Last night, I crawled into bed way too late. X was already sleeping in my bed, but whatever, he was asleep. He's eight, and somehow had gotten the idea that he gets to have an opinion about everything. He's adhd and the sweetest boy in the world.

When I flopped down, I shifted him. He rolled over, and through half mast eyes, he said, "Tell O to go around the other way." O being his six year old sister. I said, oh, the other way? He nodded and said, "Find a way to make it happen." I had to smother a snicker, sometimes he sounds like 45 year old man.

My sister also talks in her sleep. You can actually carry on a conversation with her until you wake her up and piss her off. I don't talk in my sleep, but my husband does. So far, X and O talk in their sleep, but not G, my two year old boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home