xogsmommy

Thoughts and musings of a mom of three.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Apparently I'm Five

I am sick. The kind of sick where I want to curl up in bed and ignore the world. I have an ear infection. The pain is amazing. Here I am, very close to 30, and I have a kid's illness.

I hate being this close to 30. I don't care how old other people are, but in my mind, I'm much closer to 20 than to 30. Why is that? Could it be our society's obsession with youth? I truly have no idea. I just know that when I look in the mirror, I see an old lady. An old lady who somehow has developed acne and gets kid's illnesses.

I have a picture of myself taken at age 20. It's a professional portrait and I look amazing. When I showed the kids, they didn't know who it was. Have I changed that much? That picture was 50 pounds, three kids, and nearly 10 years ago. What happened to me?

How do I recapture my youthfulness without looking pathetic?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger MommyHeadache said...

sorry you're feeling down. To recapture youth one really needs to do diet and exercise...I lost 20lb recently and feel amazing and I am 36!!

1:35 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Heather said...

one interesting thing about approaching 30 is my sex drive. my poor hubby can't keep up with me. i'm just in a funk, feeling old, fat, and ugly. thanks for your comment!

1:49 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home